Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Top 10 Favorite Authors

Readers, I am almost finished with SALVAGE THE BONES, by Jesmyn Ward.  SALVAGE did win the National Book Award this year and will be getting another honor bestowed upon it soon, a must read recommendation from MOIS.  In the meantime, I want to give you another top 10 list (and would love to hear your - ah, top 3.)  I'll get it out of the way 1st, and her last name begins with A and I am chick after-all, Jane Austen, but I will also add Charles Dickens, the 3 Johns:  John Irving, John Updike, & John Cheever, Philip Roth, Anne Tyler, Voltaire (whom everyone imitates - Candide = Forest Gump,) Annie Proux, and Toni Morrison.  Coming in @ #11, Graham Greene.  I know I said top 10 but my blog, my rules - I'm quite the rogue myself even though I am a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment