Thursday, May 24, 2012

DO OVER on the Top 10 List

Okay, any true bibliophile will always be revising any top list of their all time favorite books and I'm no exception (besides, My Blog My Rules*.)  So, here are my top 10 additions to my top 10 novels of all time (in alphabetical order):  Fahrenheit 451, R. Bradbury; I love the sci-phi genre and he is the master, Lord of the Flies, W. Golding, a classic on human nature, Winter's Tale, M. Halprin (I needed a sweater while reading,) To Kill a Mocking Bird, H. Lee (doohh should be on everyone's list,) The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, C. McCullers, The Bluest Eyes, T. Morrison (toss up with Beloved,) The Shipping News, A. Proulx (Proulx & A. Monroe are masters of the short story,) Barney's Version, M. Richler (one of my favorite characters,) Angel of Repose, W. Stegner (WI alumni,) Saint Maybe, A. Tyler (toss up with Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant,) #11 Rabbit is Rich, J. Updike.  Okay, I said top 10, but I also say *MBMR.

No comments:

Post a Comment