Friday, January 3, 2020

French Author Pujol's LITTLE CULINARY TRIUMPHS

The debut novel from French author Pascale Pujol LITTLE CULINARY TRIUMPHS is a disaster. It's a fallen soufflé', a burnt beyond recognition duck - basically it sucks, and not in a succulent fashion rather it's déclassé'.  I admit I chose not to finish this pastiche novel of sex, food, irreverence - all essential ingredients - but the execution was a dismal dish that was sorely amiss.  There were too many characters in l'cuisine which made it convoluted especially since none of them were of particular interest.  This would include the resigned Sandrine, ambiguous Antoine, sinewy Toussaint and chef extraordinary Vairam; frankly I couldn't give a damn.  Perhaps Pascale Pujol will prosper after throwing out the top pancake and trying again.  Yet, there's no accounting for taste.  The French believe they have a sophisticated palette.  I am no Francophile.  I'll file this under the French's acquire taste for for Jerry Lewis and Marcel Marceau.  Voila! I find "Little Culinary Triumphs" underwhelming and less than come ci come ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment