Sunday, November 20, 2016

Andy Cohen's "Superficial" - The Macher of Bravo Scores a Zero with New Auto-Bio

Andy Cohen, known to millions for his seemingly endless, but entertaining reality shows, including the continuously expanding Housewives genre, generated his 3rd book, "Superficial."  I was at the 92Y where Andy was interviewed by his friend & fellow NYC icon, Sarah Jessica Parker to promote his latest self-indulgent droll diary in the guise of an introspective reflective read.  I enjoyed the vivacious dialogue between Andy & SJP, two inviting & interesting friends with whom I would love to be in  their inner circle.  Perhaps, the next best thing would be to read "Superficial" to garner a titilating tell-all of real celebs & then real reality TV celebs.  (Note:  there is a vast difference.)  There's also a huge chasm between literature and "People" magazine.  There's also an abyss between a fun read & a dull, quotidian diatribe of Andy's activities.  Don't bother with this boring, obsessive Bridget Jones malarky. Don't believe me?  The daily grind apprises you mostly of what he ate, how he slept & pooped on any given day.  We're relentlessly barraged with his beloved dog, Wacha.  Andy notifies us of Wacha's  weight, vet visits and doggy runs.  I'm glad for the faithful companionship between Andy & man's best friend but it's not of interest to this devoted dog lover.  The book should appeal to Andy's people, "older Jewish women"& younger gay men.  No, I did not read past Novemeber 2014, I've got my own life.  I found "Superficial" subpar & a waste of my time.  Darn, I've probably blown my chances of becoming bff's with SJP & AC.  Oh well… Meanwhile, Andy should stick with his day/night job on TV and keep his love for writing for himself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment