Saturday, June 18, 2016

Non-F QUIET by Susan Cain-Quite a Lot of Nonsense

Susan Cain's "Quiet - The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking" has an intriguing premise but the book tuned me out with her garrulous gobbledygook.  Cain (b. Amer 1968) is a writer with degrees from Princeton & Harvard Law School.  Her impressive credentials do not include psychoanalysis and her premise proves as heedless as a horoscope.   As a self-acknowledged Aquarian introvert, I felt her epiphanies were harmless but not helpful.  Her revelations are merely self-congratulatory & aimless flattery.   For those who enjoy seminars for building confidence and public speaking skills, the ranting in "Quiet" is for you.  Otherwise, I found this book a waste of valuable solitary, introvert time on my dime.  I don't recommend investing your time or money.   If you have "Quiet," I suggest you shut it.

No comments:

Post a Comment