Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Mindel's Top 10 Pick from 2013 for Your Kindle

This year I made an effort to include more Non-Fiction (N/F) in my reading and was greatly rewarded.  I have a compiled a list of my favorite reads from 2013 which include novels, N/F & short story collections.  A surprising number of N/F have made it on my list.  The top 10 picks are in alphabetical order by title.  Happy reading in the new year.

Billy Lynn's Long Half-time Walk - Ben Fountain - Fiction
Devil in the Grove, Thurgood Marshall and the Groveland Boys - Gilbert King - N/F
Flight Behavior - Barbara Kingsolver - Fiction
Letters to an Incarcerated Brother - Hill Harper - N/F
Lone Survivor - Marcus Luttrel - N/F
The Orphan Master's Son - Adam Johnson - Fiction
The Roundhouse - Louise Eldrich
The Yellow Birds - Kevin Powers - Fiction
This Will be Difficult to Explain - Johanna Skibsrud - Short stories
Trans Atlantic - Colum McCann - Fiction
We are All Completely Besides Ourselves - Karen Fowler - Fiction

If you count an extra pick to my list - be grateful.





No comments:

Post a Comment